Restoring access to your account
During registration you have created a Recovery QR code, that would help you restore access to the account in case, for example, if you change your device or reinstall the application.
Technical note: it is caused by the fact, that each user in the system have personal account in the Iroha blockchain, which means that each user have his/her own key pair (which consists of private and public parts). For making operations with the account, the application uses the key pair to generate transactions for Iroha storage.
Hence, for restoring access to the application, user need to have his/her Recovery QR code, or to request a new one. Restoring access to your account using Recovery QR code
You can always restore access to the application using saved Recovery QR code. This code can be created:
Steps to restore access to the application using the Recovery QR code:
- During the registration procedure
- After pressing "Create new Recovery QR code" on the Settings screen when you are logged in
- During the Recovery QR code restoration procedure (described in the following section Customer UI and main operations)
- Open Byacco application, installed on the new device or after switching a user
- If the application is already owned by somebody else, press on the "Switch user" label. Attention: it will erase all user-related data from the application data storage and the previous user will need to restore the access on the new device using his/her Recovery QR code